Sunday, August 31, 2008

Midnight Sun

For those of you who know about this...oh my gosh... I have been eagerly awaiting Edward's side of the saga for quite a while now. But, with this latest travesty, Stephenie has put it on hold indefinately. Apparently one of her drafts got leaked on the internet illegally and she is so distraught by the misdeed that she had no choice. If you'd like to read her whole explanation, and or are too curious to resist, visit her website: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
She explains it way better than I did, but she also reminds avid readers that she'd rather you not read the 264 - ish pages that leaked as they are messy and unfinished. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay away...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Mel, I read it and LOVED every single word. I have to guilt either, it was great. Go read it you won't regret it!

Melissa said...

This is truly sad...I am commenting on my own blog now. UPDATE: Okay, I read the pages. I hung on every word. I absolutely loved it. And, now that I am finished, I am even more disappointed that I got to read it this way instead of being able to wait for the completed project. I even searched for a way to let Stephenie know how sad--not the best word, but it will have to do--I am that things are now on hold. I am beyond eagar to read the conclusion...and then Edward's side of the next two novels. (I think I might be okay waiting for his side of the 4th just because with Jacob's view, things become clearer.) Just read it...it is AWESOME!