Thursday, May 28, 2009

Grass















Ah, the difference a few days makes... I was trying to explain to my mom how the prairie was trying to take over our yard and decided that these pictures might make the point even better. I took the one on the left soon after we moved in, and the one on the right this morning. The green "boxes" are the corner of our property. You can see them clearly on the left...I can't even see them looking out my window now. The neat shed is not far from us, but almost completely obscured now.

This one shows what is left of the green box way out there. I took this yesterday--in the rain.(Our neighbors just put that fence up...it changes the view a bit too.)

I think the prairie is mad we are trying to kick it out of our yard. Each day we look out and find more tall grass creeping from that corner. I have to pick the grass and weeds out from around my garden plants in a pathetic attempt to keep the prairie out. Next year we will do it up right with a border around it and everything.

1 comment:

Brian Reed said...

You need horses or cows to eat that prairie down.