Friday, February 8, 2008

Twilight

It has been brought to my attention that not everyone in the world knows about Twilight. This is, so far, a three book series by Stephenie Meyer. (She is currently working on the fourth book.) These books are marvelous. So completely awesome that you seriously have to read them for yourself to understand my enthusiasm. The characters are so real that I got so engrossed in the novel that I'd have to take breaks, on purpose, so I could calm myself down and remember that it was just a story. (Well, things happened that upset me, because I related too well to the circumstances...but I won't blow any of the details for those of you uninitiated.)
Basically, Bella is a teenager who gets transplanted from the Phoenix area to the dreary little Washington town of Forks where her dad is the Sherriff. Bella's mom has gotten married again--finally--and is sad each time her minor league star is gone on the road. So, Bella steps up and decides to let her mom be happy. In this sleepy little town, many secrets away discovery.
If you want to learn more, just visit Stephenie's website, www.stepheniemeyer.com
And, if you've read this fabulous books and want to discuss any of the finer points with me...please feed my delusional fantasy world. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great intro. My Mother-in-law is is the middle of the third book and she really likes them. Then my sister-in-law just finished the first book and can't put them down! All I can say is "Welcome to Twilight..."

Blake and Kacie Bennett said...

Okay Melissa I keep hearing all the hype about this series, now your blog has pushed me over the edge...I am going to get the first book. You need to bring you and your kidos over to meet the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Autumn said...

I have read all three books and could not put them down. We got together for Book Club and had so much fun in our Edward fantasy. I hear book number 4 come out the begining of August. I can't wait!!

Blake and Kacie Bennett said...

Melissa I just started the first book last night after the Reed's and I am like half way through already. Thanks for getting me hooked!!!