Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Garden Grows!

We have pumpkins! They were barely noticable for so long I was surprised to go out the other day and find not just the one, but 5 pumpkins! They are so cute. Riley is very pleased--these were planted to appease her... I hope by October we have some nice big pumpkins! Any suggestions on how to get them to grow big?

Peppers! I wanted these, but was becoming discouraged by their abundance of leaves, and complete lack of pepper... We had blossoms and everything, but no peppers. I was thrilled to find 3 peppers the other day. Now we have a new quandry...how do you tell when green peppers are ripe?

Last time I mentioned the bugs on our squash. I really thought I had a better picture posted...but you can't even see the buggers... So, here they are. Anyone know what they are? They are taking over. The bug spray I purchased is ineffectual. Help...

1 comment:

Brooke Kenny said...

Your garden looks great! We had those bugs in Holbrook. The people there called them squash bugs, they are nasty critters. Once they get on your plant, the plant is dead. On the back of the leaves are the eggs. They will look like little black dots. You need to kill the eggs before they hatch! Good luck!